HOW YOU CAN KEEP OUR STREAMS AND BAY CLEAN
What else can I do to keep our local creeks healthy?
You can do lots of things to help:
- Make sure that only clean water flows into the storm drains.
- Fix vehicles that leak oil or other fluids.
- Take precautions when changing your oil, or performing similar vehicle maintenance, and prevent oil and other fluids from running down the pavement and into the storm drain system.
- Wash your vehicle on your lawn or at a local commercial carwash.
- Don’t litter, and discourage others who do, because debris can clog and contaminate the storm drains.
- Sweep your sidewalks and driveways before hosing them down.
- Don’t blow lawn trimmings into the street.
- Don’t dump anything except clean water into the storm drain.
What are other Bay Area agencies doing collaboratively to help protect San Francisco Bay?
If I accidentally overfill my pool, how should I dispose of the excess water?
Run a hose from the output of your pool filtration system to a utility sink or into a sewer pipe cleanout junction. Our sewage system is equipped to process chlorinated water, but our storm drain system is not designed for that.
How should I dispose of hazardous waste?
What if I see someone dumping trash illegally?
You can report the activity by calling 707-421-7090, Solano County Non-Emergency Dispatch.
How should I report a toxic spill?
You may call any of these local agencies: