HOW YOU CAN KEEP OUR STREAMS AND BAY CLEAN
What else can I do to keep our local creeks healthy?
You can do lots of things to help:
- Make sure that only clean water flows into the storm drains.
- Fix vehicles that leak oil or other fluids.
- Take precautions when changing your oil, or performing similar vehicle maintenance, and prevent oil and other fluids from running down the pavement and into the storm drain system.
- Wash your vehicle on your lawn or at a local commercial carwash.
- Don’t litter, and discourage others who do, because debris can clog and contaminate the storm drains.
- Sweep your sidewalks and driveways before hosing them down.
- Don’t blow lawn trimmings into the street.
- Don’t dump anything except clean water into the storm drain.
What are other Bay Area agencies doing collaboratively to help protect San Francisco Bay?
If I accidentally overfill my pool, how should I dispose of the excess water?
Run a hose from the output of your pool filtration system to a utility sink or into a sewer pipe cleanout junction. Our sewage system is equipped to process chlorinated water, but our storm drain system is not designed for that.
How should I report a toxic spill?
You may call any of these local agencies:
How Can I Help Keep our Waterways Clean with my Pet's Flea and Tick Control Medication?
BROCHURES TO DOWNLOAD
You may click on the image to view document in Flipbook or click on the hyperlink below to download the PDF file.